Saturday, August 09, 2008

For whom?

I haven't been sleeping well these few days. I thought to myself, if I aspire to become, say a successful neurosurgeon who is able to earn at least US$500000 per year, rather than to be an ordinary white collar worker in an office to earn only a wimp of a fraction of that.

However, a thought finally struck me so hard. It will take a massive effort and a very long time to reach the level where I am earning US$ 500000, and when I have reached that level, probably I am already 50 years old, an old fart to boot. This is in contrast to becoming an ordinary white collar worker. I am already able to learn that "wimp" of an income at a tender age of 23-24 and that I will be able to enjoy my life throughout and when I am still young and pretty much alive.

If I choose to earn US$500000, I won't be able to enjoy it, and the one(s) who will enjoy it are my wife and my children. Hell no, I worked so damn hard only for them to enjoy without themselves doing anything? Hell no, we are to enjoy life, might as well enjoy it together, same goes to if we are about to suffer in life with low income, let's grin and bear the suffering together.

A fellow dared to say that I won't be getting married ever if I continue to think this way. However, not even God is able to change my thinking (since He was the one who created me like this at the first place). Sorry folks, so given the choice, at the moment I think I would choose the easy path rather than the hard path and earn US$500000 when I am already old and can't do anything besides doing crossword puzzles and watching TV throughout the remaining years of my life...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So good......